Investors: Check Out the Latest SFR Market Stats

first_img Previous: Going Up: Residential Home Sales Next: Protecting Mortgage Consumers from Watchful Eyes Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago in Daily Dose, Featured, Headlines, Journal, Market Studies, News November 27, 2017 1,332 Views Nicole Casperson is the Associate Editor of DS News and MReport. She graduated from Texas Tech University where she received her M.A. in Mass Communications and her B.A. in Journalism. Casperson previously worked as a graduate teaching instructor at Texas Tech’s College of Media and Communications. Her thesis will be published by the International Communication Association this fall. To contact Casperson, e-mail: [email protected] Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Share Save Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Related Articles Investors: Check Out the Latest SFR Market Stats According to data from the Census Bureau’s October New Residential Construction report and the National Association of Home Builders’ analysis, the number of single-family rental (SFR) homes increased in Q3 2017 with 10,000 starts.The analysis finds that the SFR market share—measured on a one-year moving average—was 3.8 percent of total starts for Q3 2017.Compared to the historical average of 2.8 percent, the current market share remains higher but has dipped from the 5.8 percent reading registered at the start of 2013.For the last four quarters, the total starts for SFR homes was 32,000 homes, representing decrease compared to 33,000 during the four quarters prior. However, it is important to note that due to the smaller size of this expanding market segment, the quarter-to-quarter movements are not typically statistically significant, according to the NAHB.The report notes that older homes are more likely to be rented, making the primary source of SFR homes not in construction, but existing housing—reporting from 2005 to 2015, 56 percent of the gains in the rental housing was due to SFR homes.While the single-family rental market continues to redefine its borders, the investment landscape offers an opportunity for many in a marketplace that have often been misunderstood. Navigating this dynamic terrain takes careful planning and strategic partnerships.The 2018 Five Star Single-Family Rental Summit provides an important conduit for SFR leaders to have the important conversations that will push this industry forward.The 2018 Five Star Single-Family Rental Summit begins March 19th and continues through March 21st at the Renaissance Nashville Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee to discuss the investment opportunities abound in this expanding market.To register, click here. Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago About Author: Nicole Casperson Home / Daily Dose / Investors: Check Out the Latest SFR Market Stats The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago  Print This Post Subscribe Sign up for DS News Daily 2017-11-27 Nicole Caspersonlast_img read more

Alston Jr. carries Boise State. over Weber State 70-59

first_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailBOISE, Idaho (AP) — Derrick Alston Jr. scored 23 points, draining five 3-pointers, as Boise State beat Weber State 70-59 on Sunday for its fourth straight win.Alston hit 5-of-7 from beyond the arc, scoring 14 points after halftime when the Broncos turned back a Weber challenge.Abu Kigab had 15 points for Boise State. RayJ Dennis added 12 points. Emmanuel Akot had eight rebounds and six assists to go with seven points.Isiah Brown had 18 points for the Wildcats. Cody Carlson added 17 points on 6-for-7 shooting. Tags: Boise State Broncos/Derrick Alston/Weber State Wildcats Basketball December 13, 2020 /Sports News – Local Alston Jr. carries Boise State. over Weber State 70-59 Written by Associated Presslast_img read more

Watch The Elephant Man’s Bradley Cooper Tease Transatlantic Plans

first_imgThe Elephant Man headliner Bradley Cooper stopped by The Tonight Show, in large part so that he and Jimmy Fallon could redeem themselves after their giggle attack from October. The Broadway.com Audience Choice Award winner is living his dream playing John Merrick, but the dream might just live on past the Great White Way. During his visit, he all but confirmed the speculated West End transfer of the show, teasing, “I’m going to take the whole company, too. Everybody.” And then the hats and hair came back. They kept their cool (for the most part) this time! Check out the interview, plus Cooper’s impeccable air guitar solo, below. And before their trip across the pond that may or may not happen, catch The Elephant Man at the Booth Theatre through February 22. View Comments Related Shows The Elephant Man Show Closed This production ended its run on Feb. 21, 2015last_img read more

Getting over the fear of spending down in retirement

first_img ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr Today more people are living longer – and the likelihood of living even longer increases for those who make it to retirement age.Here’s a look at how longevity plays a factor in retirement spending. So, when your golden years arrive, you can be prepared to confidently move forward with your life.For example, a 65-year-old man has a 50 percent chance of living to age 89 and a 25 percent chance of living to age 94. Women, on average, are outliving men: A 65-year-old woman has a 50 percent chance of living to age 91 and a 25 percent chance of living to age 96. For those who are part of a couple and reach the age of 65, at least one is likely to live to the ripe old age of 94 (50 percent) or 98 (25 percent).1With the possibility of living for 30 years (or longer) after you retire, there’s a lot to consider. continue reading »last_img read more

These coastal markets are tipped to be the starts of Queensland’s property market in 2017

first_imgKate Smeets who has just sold her waterfront property on the Gold Coast and is looking to buy somewhere else on the Gold Coast. Picture: Nigel Hallett.The rivalry between the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast is no secret.And when it comes to the property market, the Sunshine Coast is close to catching up to the Gold Coast.Separated by the urban sprawl of Brisbane, both are very different markets – one considered fast and flashy, the other sleepy and sophisticated. “There are Sunshine Coast people and there are Gold Coast people,” said Ray White Surfers Paradise CEO Andrew Bell.But the regions do have one thing in common – both are set to be the stars of Queensland’s property market in 2017. Corelogic’s latest regional market update named them as the strongest performing regions in Queensland.Both markets enjoy a high rental yield of 4.5 per cent and low vacancies.The Sunshine Coast was slightly more affordable, with a median house price of $537,500 as at the end of December, compared with $600,000 on the Gold Coast, according to Corelogic. Seven out of the top 10 suburbs with the highest median house price were on the Gold Coast, with Mermaid Beach topping the list at $1.4 million.Alexandra Headland had the highest median house price on the Sunshine Coast, at just over $932,000.The QBE Australian Housing Outlook report by BIS Shrapnel predicted house price growth of about 8 per cent by June 2019 for the Gold Coast, while the Sunshine Coast’s median house price was tipped to rise to $575,000.Local agents said an influx of buyers from the southern states and Asia had put a drain on supply in both markets, which was driving up prices.Shaun Kaddatz from Harcourts Coastal on the Gold Coast said good houses were snapped up quickly.More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North9 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa1 day ago“We’re seeing a significant supply issue,” he said. “With anything that’s good, we’re seeing records at open homes.” About 10-15 per cent of his sales went to Asian investors, with about 40 per cent to interstate investors.“Rents have come up significantly, so people are seeing it as a good capital investment with good returns,” he said.Mr Bell said demand for rentals had skyrocketed, fuelled by investors and infrastructure spending in the lead-up to the 2018 Commonwealth Games.“We are now seeing a sub 1 per cent vacancy rate for rental properties,” he said. “Since Christmas, we’ve been getting 60 to 80 people turning up to an open for a rental property.”Buyers were also flocking to the Sunshine Coast. Tom Offermann, of Tom Offermann Real Estate Noosa, said he had seen an increase in empty nesters and retirees from Sydney and Melbourne in the past year. He said tourism in the area had increased 17 per cent year-on-year for the past two years, with a boost in international visitors.The Sunshine Coast was poised for significant growth, with Mr Offermann predicting capital flow from capital city markets would not reach its maximum potential in Noosa for six to 12 months.“People buying now aren’t buying anywhere near the top of the market,” he said. “Our market is only just approaching the price level it was in 2007/2008, so the recovery is still in its early stages.” Agents agreed it was rare to find a buyer interested in both coasts. “People who prefer more activity gravitate towards the Gold Coast,” Mr Bell said. Among them is Kate Smeets, 61, who sold her four-bedroom waterfront duplex in Surfers Paradise for $922,000 to a young Sydney buyer looking to relocate.Ms Smeets wanted to buy a bigger property in Nerang to accommodate her extended family. “I wouldn’t live on the Sunshine Coast,” she said. “The roads and the facilities aren’t as good.”last_img read more

DNO lifts takeover offer for Faroe Petroleum to 160p a share

first_imgNorway’s DNO has increased its takeover offer for Faroe Petroleum. The company which in November launched a hostile takeover bid of 152 pence a share, on Tuesday said the new and final offer was 160 pence in cash for each Faroe Share it didn’t already own.According to DNO, the final offer values Faroe’s existing issued and to be issued share capital at approximately £641.7 million.Since DNO owns some 30 percent in Faroe Petroleum, this means that DNO would pay around £454 million ($580 million).“The Final Offer price represents a premium of 52.4 percent to Faroe’s share price of 105 pence at the close of business on 3 April 2018, the last Business Day before DNO announced its first acquisition of shares in Faroe, and a premium of 27.2 percent to Faroe’s share price of 125.8 pence at the close of business on 23 November 2018, the last Business Day before the announcement of the Offer,” DNO said.The Norwegian oil company said the final offer for Faroe, a North Sea region-focused exploration and production company, would remain open for acceptance until 1.00 p.m. (London time) on January 23, 2019.Providing background and rationale behind the decision to increase the offer, DNO on Tuesday said:” The justification for acquiring Faroe remains unchanged and is as set out in paragraph 3 of the letter from DNO in Part I of the First Offer Document.Since its 26 November 2018 announcement, DNO has maintained that its original 152 pence per share Offer price was full and fair, even generous, especially in the light of weaknesses in the equity and commodity markets and recent newsflow from Faroe itself. DNO has studied the various defence documents published by the Faroe Board and found nothing to change this opinion.“Even Faroe’s hastily revised and released report “Independent Expert’s Report on the Oil and Gas Assets of Faroe Petroleum plc” left important questions unanswered, as DNO highlighted in its 2 January 2019 announcement, such as, still bullish oil price assumptions, exclusion of the much heralded Equinor swap, no accounting for corporate costs when converting the asset valuation to a company valuation, and optimistic interpretation of value from the highly uncertain categories of contingent resources and “near term prospects”, among others. Related: DNO slams Faroe’s ‘glossy’ report amid Oda field reserves downgrade Related: DNO extends 152p bid deadline for Faroe. We’re worth more, Faroe board says Offshore Energy Today Staff DNO added: “We remain concerned about Faroe’s ability to deliver its longed for “transformational growth” in light of continuing risks surrounding the Brasse development, recent exploration disappointments in the Brasse East and Rungne wells in the Brasse area and also the Cassidy prospect, and note with disappointment the disclosure by the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (“NPD”) on 7 January 2019 of a substantial downgrade of the reserves in the Oda field.“Having thought long and hard about the situation, DNO has decided to increase its Offer price and close out the Offer, and focus now on putting Faroe on a firm operations and commercial footing. We are pleased that starting with our first acquisition of shares, shareholders holding 43.8 percent of Faroe’s shares have voted with their feet by selling shares to DNO or with their hands by accepting our Offer.”“Although DNO would prefer to achieve its 50 percent acceptance level and acquire additional shares, DNO is nonetheless comfortable with the possibility of its Offer lapsing, leaving DNO with less than a majority shareholding in Faroe. In the latter case, DNO has already stated that it will intensify its efforts to ensure that Faroe is managed for the benefit of all shareholders.” While Faroe Petroleum has yet to release a reaction on the latest offer, one can say almost certainly that the company’s board will not be pleased with 160 pence a share. Namely, the company has earlier this month cited a GCA report which concluded that “the value of Faroe’s oil and gas assets more reflective of current (late December 2018) market oil pricing is in the range of US$879 million – US$1,076 million.”“The Board believes that GCA’s independent valuation further reinforces its view that the Offer is opportunistic and substantially undervalues Faroe,” Faroe said at the time. What is more, John Bentley, Non-Executive Chairman of Faroe said that the GCA report implied a value per share for Faroe in the range of 186p to 225p per share representing a 22%-48% premium respectively to DNO’s Offer price of 152p. Related: Faroe tells shareholders to wait for better offerlast_img read more

More stranded Bacolod, NegOcc OFWs, LSIs repatriated

first_imgGov. Eugenio Jose Lacson, meanwhile, said repatriated Negros Occidental OFWs no longer have to complete their 14-day quarantine if they yield negative results for the virus before completing the required number of isolation days.  From May 25 to June 1 alone, this province received 601 returning residents while this city has accommodated some 348 persons who arrived either on sweeper flights or through 2GO Group’s Malasakit Voyage trips. BACOLOD City – More overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and locally stranded individuals who are residents of Bacolod City and Negros Occidental have returned home from Metro Manila. At the Bredco port here, meanwhile, 16 OFWs from this province and five from this city, along with two LSIs, arrived onboard a 2GO Group vessel at about 8:30 a.m. the same day. Based on local health protocols, returning residents – whether OFWs or LSIs – are required to undergo mandatory two-week quarantine in patient care centers and subject themselves to reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction tests for COVID-19. They were part of the second week of arrivals in this province following President Rodrigo Duterte’s directive on May 25 to immediately return all OFWs stuck at coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) quarantine centers in the National Capital Region to their respective homes.center_img At around 7:35 a.m. on June 3, 38 passengers – 26 Negrenses, 11 Bacolodnons and one LSI – arrived at the Bacolod-Silay Airport in Silay City via an AirAsia sweeper flight. Another batch of overseas Filipino workers and locally stranded individuals who are residents of Bacolod City and different cities and municipalities in Negros Occidental arrive at the Bacolod-Silay Airport in Silay City on June 3 via an AirAsia sweeper flight. PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT OF NEGROS OCCIDENTAL VIA PNA This June, the first flight arrived at the Bacolod-Silay Airport on Monday morning. It was an AirAsia sweeper flight that carried 12 residents of Bacolod City and 19 from various cities and municipalities in this province.(With a report from PNA/PN)last_img read more

O’Connor advances in Sochi

first_img Press Association O’Connor was awarded a score of 66.25 for his first run of the heat, placing him eighth in the rankings when the rest of the field had completed theirs. And with his next effort, the 16-year-old did even better, earning a mark of 71.50 that was the fourth best-scoring second run of any rider. He came eighth overall, with fourth to ninth qualifying for the semis. center_img Ireland’s Seamus O’Connor secured a spot in the semi-finals of the men’s snowboard halfpipe competition at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics on Tuesday.last_img read more

Clattenburg to referee Southampton

Clattenburg was previously cleared of a complaint by Chelsea that he racially abused their player John Obi Mikel and has since taken charge of games involving the London club. The latest complaint was also dismissed after investigation by PGMOL and the Football Association. An FA statement last month read: “The FA can confirm it received a complaint from Southampton concerning referee Mark Clattenburg and his alleged comments made to their player Adam Lallana. “The FA has given its full consideration to this matter and it is our view that the comments, as disclosed in Southampton’s letter of complaint, do not constitute misconduct under the FA’s rules. “Consequently, the FA will not be taking any further action in relation to this matter and now considers this case to be closed.” Press Association Mark Clattenburg is to referee Southampton’s game at West Ham on Saturday, the first time he will have taken charge of a Saints game since they filed an official complaint against him. The Durham official angered Saints when, during their defeat to Everton on December 29, he told captain Adam Lallana: “You are very different now, since you’ve played for England – you never used to be like this.” The club reported those comments to referees’ governing body PGMOL and insisted it would be difficult for Clattenburg to take charge of their matches in future, but the referee was cleared of any wrongdoing. read more

Trump threatens to close southern border over migrant surge

first_imgPresident Trump took to Twitter Thursday to express his immigration concerns. In a Tweet Trump […]last_img