Seoul authorities began carrying out tests anonymously this week to address such concerns, and mayor Park Won-soon said than 8,300 people were tested in the city on Tuesday, compared to around 1,000 per day last week.”This is proof that ensuring anonymity encourages voluntary tests,” Park told reporters.Authorities are using mobile phone data to trace nightclub visitors and will deploy police to track down those who cannot be reached.Officials in the east Asian nation of 52 million announced 26 new cases Wednesday, taking its total to 10,962, after recording only single-digit increases for eight of the preceding 14 days — many of them overseas arrivals. Topics : Seoul officials said that as of Wednesday morning 119 cases nationwide had been linked to the Itaewon cluster.South Korea’s handling of the initial coronavirus outbreak was widely praised, and how it deals with this latest spike will be closely watched as parts of Europe begin a cautious re-opening.Health experts in Europe and the United States have warned that moving too quickly could result in a surge in infection numbers. Rights groups say intolerance towards gay people remains rampant in South Korea.The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention vice director Kwon Joon-wook said this week that “prejudice and discrimination” only impede prevention activities. Coronavirus screening has surged in South Korea since authorities introduced anonymous testing, officials said Wednesday, as they scrambled to tackle a nightclub cluster amid concerns anti-gay prejudice could impede the response.The country has been held up as a global model in how to curb the virus, but a spike of new cases, driven by the cluster in venues in Seoul’s Itaewon district — including several gay clubs — forced authorities to delay this week’s planned re-opening of schools.Many nightclub customers are believed to be reluctant to come forward because of the stigma of being gay in the socially conservative country.
In it, he laid out options for reforming the PPM, which is the funded part of the first pillar state pension that allows individuals to choose their own investment provider.Addressing the Pensions Group in AP7’s response, Källstrand said the fund agreed with parts of Lundbergh’s study, welcoming the proposal dealing with a system that was adapted to the needs of the individual.He also welcomed the idea of having a clear principal in charge of the funds market.“However, Lundbergh also proposes that the prescription be converted into an insurance-inspired solution with characteristics similar to a traditional pension insurance,” Källstrand said, which would not be in the best interests of savers. Sweden’s Seventh AP Fund has rejected a proposal by pensions expert Stefan Lundbergh to reduce investment risk in the country’s premium pension system (PPM), saying it will lead to lower pensions.Bo Källstrand, chairman of AP7’s supervisory board, said in the pension fund’s official response to the proposal: “In AP7’s opinion, the proposal reduces the likelihood that more pension savers will get a better premium pension outcome and leads to a worse risk diversification in the overall public pension.”AP7 is the national pension fund responsible for the default option in the PPM. Lundbergh, director at Cardano, presented his report to the Swedish government’s cross-party Pension Group at the end of August. Stefan LundberghThe chairman said the proposal could lead to more people being invested in long-term interest-bearing assets with low growth potential and non-existent diversification in relation to the income pension – the portion of Sweden’s state pension that runs alongside the premium pension.Källstrand argued that even though insurance solutions based on a high percentage of long-term interest-bearing assets had given similar returns to equities over the last 20 years, this was because long-term interest rates had fallen over a long period of years.“A doubling of the interest rate from the current level would mean that the return on such a product would remain negative for a very long time,” he said.
NZ Herald 25 May 2019Family First Comment: Superb work from pro-lifers….“Catherine Gillies, from Voice for Life, stood behind the speeches with a placard picturing a woman wrapped in barbed wire. Gillies said the image represented “the mess” of a woman after an abortion, trying to heal. Gillies said New Zealand can’t afford to loosen our current abortion laws. “We are trying to defend the rights of all people – the rights of the babies and the rights of the women.””Crowds of pro-choice and pro-life protesters faced off in Auckland’s Aotea Square today during rallies on New Zealand’s abortion regulations, after stringent laws were passed in several states in America.The two rallies kicked off at midday in central Auckland, with speeches from the pro-choice assembly making way to loud arguments between the groups.A confrontation started when a middle-aged man wearing a ‘Make America Great Again’ hat took issue with two young women, who carried a sign reading “Keep your rosaries away from my ovaries”.Currently, New Zealand law allows for abortion to be performed only to save the life of the mother, or to preserve her physical or mental health – and only if the procedure is approved by two doctors or consultants.New Zealand’s cabinet will soon consider a possible new regime that is expected to allow women to seek abortions by choice up to about 20 weeks.MPs will vote on new legislation that would remove abortion from the Crimes Act and remove the barriers women currently have to go through.Catherine Gillies, from Voice for Life, stood behind the speeches with a placard picturing a woman wrapped in barbed wire. Gillies said the image represented “the mess” of a woman after an abortion, trying to heal.Gillies said New Zealand can’t afford to loosen our current abortion laws.“We are trying to defend the rights of all people – the rights of the babies and the rights of the women. Because most women are bullied into it.”READ MORE: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?objectid=12234329&ref=twitter (behind paywall)Abortion debate heats up in AucklandRadio NZ News 25 May 2019Campaigners from both sides of the abortion debate have had heated discussions during rallies held at the same time in Auckland’s Aotea Square on Saturday.MPs Deborah Russell and Marama Davidson were among the speakers who addressed the pro-choice crowd of about 200 people.The rally was organised in a matter of days to show solidarity for people affected by recent law changes in the US.Alabama’s governor last week signed into law the most stringent abortion legislation in the US, making deliberate abortion a crime in nearly all cases.Judith Rotherham, who is against abortion, said the debate had been mostly friendly, with only a few cases where the discussions were getting aggressive.She said it was important to be at the rally, countering the other side’s argument in a reasonable way.“We’re very committed to being positive, constructive, kind, engaging in proper discussion.”“Not to harass or put down, that’s very important to our values,” she said.READ MORE: https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/390518/abortion-debate-heats-up-in-auckland
Batesville, IN—Batesville Community Education Foundation has a unique partnership with Rowland Graphics LLC and Bird in a Tree Boutique. BCEF is offering two different yard sign designs so you can wish our grads good luck and let them know how much our community understands that this didn’t all turn out the way they’d plannedThe signs are $25 each and orders must be placed by Friday, April 17. They will be available for pick-up at Batesville High School sometime in late April, using social distancing measures. Those placing orders will be contacted about how to pick up.To order your sign, click here. Once you have logged in, find the sign you’d like to order, select “Local Pick-up”, and pay.
The 32-year-old has been integral to the west Londoners’ many successes since arriving as a relative unknown from Rennes a decade ago. However, this season Cech has been displaced by Thibaut Courtois and has been regularly linked with a January departure from Stamford Bridge. Arsenal, AC Milan, Roma and Real Madrid have all been mentioned as potential destinations for the Czech, but the interest of such clubs surprises Mourinho. “Are you telling me that or asking me that?” the Chelsea manager said. “On which Mickey Mouse website? On which Mickey Mouse blog? “At this moment, news is coming instantly. News is born every day, every minute, every second. “Some websites, some blogs, we don’t even know where we get the news. “I promise you what I tell you is the truth. On my desk, normally from my board’s desk, the information arrives. On my desk I have zero. Zero proposals.” Cech recently expressed his frustration at having dropped down the pecking order at Chelsea, telling Czech radio a move could be on the cards if he continued to be benched. They are comments that Mourinho says the goalkeeper, reportedly available for just £7million, has not made to him. “No, I believe in what is happening at this moment,” the Portuguese said. “In this moment, Petr Cech is our goalkeeper and has a contract for two more years. “He’s a fantastic professional, always puts himself available for the team and the team’s interests. “Not once has Petr Cech knocked on my door to inform me of his desire to accept some proposal. This is my truth. Nothing more I can say.” Petr Cech’s Chelsea future is the subject of mounting speculation, but Jose Mourinho insists no offers have been tabled for the long-serving goalkeeper. Press Association
The three-year-old has made excellent progress since shedding her maiden tag at Gowran Park in late April, most notably filling the runner-up spot in a Newbury Listed contest on her penultimate start. She failed to land a telling blow in the nine-furlong Kilboy Estate Stakes at the Curragh last month, but Murphy expects the step up to a mile and a half to play to his filly’s strengths. Press Association John Joseph Murphy is looking forward to seeing Hot Sauce test her powers over a longer distance in the Irish Stallion Farms European Breeders Fund Give Thanks Stakes at Cork on Tuesday. “She came out of her last run in great form and we think she’ll stay the longer trip well,” said the Upton-based trainer. “I was happy with her last run in the Curragh and if we’d ridden her a bit handier, it might have been a different story. “The form is there and we’re looking forward to running her again.” Hot Sauce is one of eight declared for the Group Three contest, with Aidan O’Brien running Cocoon, Easter and On A Pedestal. Dermot Weld is double-handed, with Pat Smullen siding with Blue Wind Stakes second Zannda over stable companion Zhukova, an impressive winner on her last start at Navan. Jim Bolger’s Altesse and Wooden Heart from the in-form yard of David Wachman complete the field.
He goes on to say, “There is no excuse for it. … I think to give any kind of excuse is to cheapen the apology that I owe for saying something so crass, so stupid, and I don’t want to cheapen that apology. I think it would be wrong to do so.”In addition, he explains to those requesting his resignation that he is a different person at this point.The comments came in response to a tweet last week from Palm Beach County Commissioner Melissa McKinlay, in which she asked Mast to give up his seat due to the posts.Rep. Mast, who recently won the primary, will face Democrat Pam Keith in November’s election. “Absolutely not.”That’s what local Republican Rep. Brian Mast tells our news partner, WPTV NewsChannel 5, about whether he’s thinking about resigning after old social media posts surfaced.The Congressman, who serves District 18 in northern Palm Beach and Martin counties, says the situation is behind him, and he is now looking toward the election and the future.The controversy began when Facebook posts from 2009 and 2011 were discovered, in which Mast and a friend traded remarks about rape and sex with teenage girls.At the time, Mast was serving with the Army in Afghanistan, where a bomb blew off his limbs.His friend, Rocco LeDonni, is running the congressman’s re-election campaign.Mast tells WPTV, “I am sorry for making inappropriate, vile, disgusting, unacceptable jokes in my past.”Rep. Mast Stays Silent on Request for Resignation Due to Rape Posts
LONDON: Zak Crawley scored a majestic double century and shared a record-breaking partnership with Jos Buttler to help England reach a commanding 490-5 at tea on the second day of the third and final Test against Pakistan on Saturday.After making a cautious start in a rain-hit morning session, Crawley converted his maiden Test hundred into a double ton on a batting-friendly pitch in Southampton. The 22-year-old Kent batsman became the third-youngest Englishman to reach the milestone when he edged his 25th boundary in 331 deliveries. Crawley, who had only scored three first-class hundreds prior to the Test, went on make 267 before he was stumped by Pakistan wicketkeeper Mohammad Rizwan to become part-time off-spinner Asad Shafiq’s first wicket of the match. Rain interrupted play twice before Buttler (140 not out) reached his second Test century. Crawley and Buttler negotiated the second new ball in the morning session and went on to add 359 runs, surpassing England’s previous record fifth-wicket stand of 254 shared by Keith Fletcher and Tony Greig against India in 1973. Agencies Also Watch: Arjuna Award for Assam Boxer Lovlina Borgohain
Associated Press The Latest: Notre Dame-Wake Forest game moved from Charlotte September 2, 2020 The school announced the move Wednesday. A day earlier, the school said it would not host fans to open the football and other fall sports seasons for home competitions amid the coronavirus pandemic.At the time, that affected only one football game: the Sept. 12 opener against top-ranked Clemson. Notre Dame’s visit two weeks later will give the Demon Deacons a second home game in September, though the school says it doesn’t anticipate being able to host fans for that game, either.In a statement, athletic director John Currie says the school was excited to play in Charlotte in front of a “vibrant” fan base roughly 80 miles from campus in the home stadium of the NFL’s Carolina Panthers. The school is allowing ticket holders for the Charlotte game to receive a refund, roll the cost over toward next season or transition the purchase to a contribution to support Wake Forest athletics.___Italy midfielder Jorginho has been cleared to train with the national team after joining the squad three days late because of concerns about exposure to the coronavirus with Chelsea. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___Wake Forest says its Sept. 26 football game against No. 10 Notre Dame will move from Charlotte, North Carolina, to the Demon Deacons’ home field in Winston-Salem. The Italian soccer federation says a virus test for Jorginho came back negative.Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali was dropped from the team list after he was placed in isolation by his club for potential exposure to COVID-19.Italy hosts Bosnia-Herzegovina on Friday and then visits the Netherlands three days later in the Nations League.Winger Federico Bernardeschi was sent home with a muscular injury.___ FIBA also says the EuroCup women’s qualifying rounds have been pushed back to December. The regular season is scheduled to begin in January.FIBA still hopes to start its women’s EuroLeague on time with the regular season scheduled to begin in mid-October.The FIBA Europe board will next meet in October and will discuss holding its competitions in single-venue “bubbles.”___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports This month’s road cycling world championships have been moved to Imola, Italy, after Swiss host Aigle-Martigny backed out because of a government ruling limiting mass gatherings amid the coronavirus pandemic.The revised event from Sept. 24-27 will feature only elite men’s and women’s categories. Junior and under-23 races have been cut from the program.___Some European basketball club competitions have been rescheduled because of various coronavirus restrictions on the continent.The regular season of the Europe Cup is now scheduled to begin in January. FIBA had hoped to start the second-tier competition by October.